The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
This will be my first ever Read-a-thon. I've heard of it before, but I never participated until today. I'm kinda excited! I've a few books that I must read until the next weekend, so, hopefully, this challenge will help me to finally read them.
My goals are:
- To read every day (one day I may only read ten pages and then on the other day one hundred pages. As long as I read, I'll be happy);
- To participate in two challenges;
- To write at least one blog post per day.
Now, these are the books that I would like to read. I could have added a few more books to this pile, but I'm not sure if time will allow me to read more than four books - I kinda feel that I won't have time to read all these books.
- "Raven Flight" by Juliet Marillier (Portuguese edition)
- "The Swan Kingdom" by Zoe Marriott
- "Sweet Tooth" by Ian McEwan
- "Mother Tongue" by Bill Bryson
Good luck to everyone who is participating. :)