Friday, 16 May 2014

Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon - May 16th

Pages read today: 8 pages of "Mrs. Dalloway" + 33 pages of "Life After Life"
Total of pages read: 288 pages
Books read today: "Life After Life" and "Mrs. Dalloway"
Books read: --


Cover Scavenger Hunts are my favorite type of challenges. All the book covers we used are from reviews on the blog from April and May, so happy hunting. Click on the image below to enlarge!


I finally did it! I've wanted to participate in this kind of challenge for a while and now, I finally did it! :D


Here’s your challenge: Create a stack of book spines from your bookshelf, or post pictures of the covers, that go in rainbow order. So, you start with white on the bottom, then red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo (purple), violet (like a darker purple), and then black! The spine should have at least a majority be the color you are looking for, but just use your best judgement to get the rainbow-like flow. 

I wanted to only use books in English to build this pile. However, as I didn't have the right colours to do, I had to use some books in my native language, Portuguese. It's a Anglo-Portuguese rainbow, I guees. =P

The picture is a bit dark, but I hope the orange and yellow can be seen.

"Black Swan Rising" by Lee Carroll
 "Blood-Kissed Sky" by J.A. London
"Vanish" by Sophia Jordan
"Cruz de Ossos" by Patricia Briggs
"Shadowfell" by Juliet Marillier
"A Cidade das Cinzas" by Cassandra Clare
"A Cidade de Vidro" de Cassandra Clare
"Girl of Nigthmares" by Kendare Blake
"O Império das Asas" by Claire Corbett

2 comments

© My Lovely Secret. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.