Monday, 19 May 2014

Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon - Wrap-Up


Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon is over. Congratulations survivors! I hope you enjoyed this Read-a-Thon as much as I did. Last week my goals were:
  1. To read every day;
  2. To participate in two challenges;
  3. To write at least one blog post per day.
I did read every day. I did participate in two challenges. And, I did write one blog per day. I completed all my goals.Yay! =D
  
About my readings: 

Now, my readings didn't go as well as I was expecting.
  • I didn't finish any books that I proposed myself to read at the beginning of the Read-a-Thon. Also, I didn't start reading "Things Fall Apart" by Chinua Achebe. However, I read "Simpsons Comics: First Issue", a comic book that I hadn't put on my to-read-pile. 
  • I read 252 pages of "Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson and 40 pages of "Mrs. Dalloway" by Virginia Woolf (a book which I find very difficult to read). Also, I read 47 pages of "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner (e-book). I started reading all of the books mentioned above before the Read-a-Thon started. 
  • I read two articles on May 18th: "The Early Life of Spetimus Smith" by Kathryn Van Wert (20 pages) and "Eliot, Time in Modernist Thought, and Contemporary Reality" (14 pages). I didn't add them to my reading list.
  •  The day I read more was May 18th (Sunday) and the day I read less was May 12th (Monday). On Sunday I read 103 pages and on Monday I only read 28 pages
  • From May 12th to May 18th I read 483 pages from four books.
The books I propose myself to read at the beginning of the Read-a-Thon and the ones I actually read. 


* The missing photo will be published soon*

About the challenges: 

Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon Compared to  Bout of Books 9.0 Read-a-Thon
  • During Bout of Books 9.0 I read 850 pages which means that I read less 367 pages in Bout of Books 10. I was hoping to read more this time, but my schedule didn't allow me to do it.
  • In Bout of Books 9.0 I participated in 8 out of 11 challenges (72,7%) and in Bout of Books 10 I participated in 5 out of 9 challenges (55,6%). I participated in less challenges during this Read-a-Thon. 
  • Bout of Books 9.0 Read-a-Thon went a lot better than Bout of Bookds 10 Read-a-Thon. Not only I read more as I also participated in more challenges.
I hope you enjoyed Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon as much as I did. Thank you for visiting my blog and dropping commentaries. If everything works out, I will participate in the next Read-a-Thon (which will be held in August) and I'll read a lot more and, luckly, participate in every challenge.

Till next time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment