Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon 2014 - July 22nd

Pages read today: 31 pages of "The Scorch Trials" & 55 of "The Caller"
Total of pages read: 942 pages
Books read today: "The Scorch Trials" [ebook] & "The Caller"
Books read:"Frost Burned" by Patricia Briggs
"Night Broken" by Patricia Briggs 
"The Scorch Trials" by James Dashner

Today I decided to participate in the challenged hosted by  Kat @ My Shelf Confessions, Tune This Title
Pick a song that goes with your current (or very recent read that you’ve read during the WWRAT) read. Tell us the name of the book and explain why the song goes with  your book. 
For example: does it fit with the mood of the book; does it go with the main character’s emotional state?
Tell us why it fits your book in the comments, and don’t forget to tell us what book it is and a cool tip is to link a youtube video in the comments! :)
For this challenge I chose my current read, "The Caller" by Juliet Marillier. I think the song "Demons" by Imagine Dragons goes with the character Flint


 Some of the lyrics remind of the situation Flint is in  - he near his breaking point -, such as "When you feel my heat/Look into my eyes/It’s where my demons hide" (he is haunted by the things he has done - and still has to do - to keep secret his true loyalties). Also lyrics as "I wanna hide the truth/I wanna shelter you" and "Your eyes, they shine so bright/I wanna save that light/I can't escape this now/Unless you show me how" reminds of his relationship with Neryn. He wants to protect her, but he knows he can't do it all the time. And Neryn is his light in a world full of darkness; the one that is going to save him from his demons when it all comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment