Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Bout of Books 11 Read-a-Thon - August 19th


Pages read today: 105 pages of "Enchanted" & 235 pages of "Delirium"
Total of pages read: 540 pages
Books read today: "Enchanted" & "Delirium"
Books read:"Enchanted" by Alethea Kontis

Challenge(s): Book Spine Poetry hosted by My Little Pocketbooks

What are the rules?
1.  Minimum of 3 books and no maximum.
2.  All words in title of the book go toward your poem
3.  Take a picture of your poem and type it out so we can read it.
4.  Post it to your blog, Facebook, Twitter or wherever.
5.  Fill out the rafflecopter to enter the giveaway.
6.  Add your URL to the linky below.

Extra Rules
I know it is not easy making sense with some of the books on your self so to make it a bit easier I will give you 1 FREE WORD for every book in your poem.
1 Book = 1 FREE Word
The FREE word can be anything you want.  A noun, verb, pronoun.  Anything at all! You don't have to use FREE Words and you don't have to use all of them just don't exceed them.

I think I already wrote this before, but I'm really bad at poetry. I know the poem doesn't have to rhyme or make sense, but I tried my best for it to make sense - at least, a bit of sense. So, here it goes:

After Daybreak,

You, Girl of Nightmares,

My alluring Delirium,

Enchanted my Dreams.


One True Pairing hosted by Infinite Ink

For this challenge, I want to hear all about your favorite literary OTP.  Tell me why you ship them.  Tell me how perfect they are for each other.  Vent about how frustrating it is that the author paired them with other people.  Give me proof about why they are actually canon, but nobody knows.  I want to hear it all.

I don’t have one favourite OTP. There are so many parings that I absolutely adore, that it wouldn’t be fair to choose one. Their stories and the struggles are so different... Mercy and Adam. MacKayla and Jericho Barrows. Caitrin and Anluan. Katniss and Peeta. Laurel and Tamini. Even Harry and Hermione, who were never meant to be (don’t hate me, please).

But then there is this OTP that has a special place: Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy. When Pride meets Prejudice is their relationship that we have, the most complicated and breathtaking relationship ever. And at the moment that pride and prejudice are forgotten their love is truly amazing; it is the most beautiful love story ever. They are so alike!

Darcy did everything for Elizabeth even after she refused him. As Elizabeth said “only the deepest love will persuade me into matrimony”.  Darcy won Elizabeth’s deepest love after all the misunderstandings, after all the lies, after the vanity, after the pride, after all the prejudices! They were able to really see each other and accept their love. These two have an epic love story; their love is timeless. Without Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, how many OTP wouldn’t exist?

6 comments

  1. Great job on your poem! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) Also, thank you for hosting such a fun challenge. :)

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree about Elizabeth and Darcy. They are beyond an OTP for me. They are like, the definition of love. haha

    Thanks for joining my giveaway! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel Elizabeth and Darcy do have a special place when it comes to OTPs.

      Thank you for hosting it. =D

      Delete
  3. Your poem is not bad! :) You are the second blogger with Elizabeth & Darcy as OTP. I still haven't read the book.. Good luck and happy reading :)

    Bout of books - Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's good to hear it. :) I hope you find time to read "Pride and Prejudice". I find it a really good book. Thank you and good luck & happy reading as well. :)

      Delete

© My Lovely Secret. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.