Monday, 5 January 2015

Bout of Books 12 Read-a-Thon - January 5th

Pages read today: 131 pages of "Shifting Shadows"
Total of pages read: 131 pages
Books read today: "Shifting Shadows"
Books read: --


It’s a bookshelf scavenger hunt! Find a book with the following criteria on a bookshelf:
1. Find an author with the same initials as you
2. Find a book with the color yellow on it
3. Find an author’s name with the letter “S” in it
4. Find a book with a female protagonist
5. Find the longest book you own
6. Find a book with a map in it or on it
7. Find a book with a face on it (photograph or illustrated)
Bonus: Find something on your shelf that isn’t a book.


1. Find an author with the same initials as you: Trudi Canavan. I really thought I wouldn't find an author with the same initials as I. It was a nice surprise.
2. Find a book with the color yellow on it: "The Panem Companion"
3. Find an author’s name with the letter “S” in it: Daniela Sacerdoti
4. Find a book with a female protagonist: "Night Broken" by Patricia Briggs. I chose this one because it's part of one of my favourite series. But finding a book on my shelf with a female protagonist would never be difficult.
5. Find the longest book you own (the longest book I own is on my Kobo)
6. Find a book with a map in it or on it: The map is from the book "The Princess Bride" by William Goldman.
7. Find a book with a face on it (photograph or illustrated): "Pandemonium" by Lauren Oliver
Bonus - Find something on your shelf that isn’t a book: I've a cat on my shelf. In fact, I've a lot of cats on my shelf - once awhile you can find a real one.


Whether you have made reading resolutions or want to use general life resolutions you have made over the New Year holiday, pick books with titles that relate to each of your resolutions. You can post as many or as few as you would like. 

I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't like to make them - when a year ends and I look back and realize I didn't do anything I wanted to, I feel very depressed. But then I saw this book and... well, it's perfect to represent a bookish resolution.

"Pandemonium" by Lauren Oliver because my bookish life this year will be a pandemonium as I promised I'd read 70 books. Choosing books, finding time to read them, completing and starting series... It will be a big pandemonium - a big emotional pandemonium. 

1 comment: