Tuesday, 14 April 2015

TTT. Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I believe our favourite quotes tell a lot more about us than we could every possibly tell. So, probably the quotes I chose will tell you how dysfunctional I'm. And that I'm a hopeless romantic even though I try not to be.

1) “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
by J.K. Rowling in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

2) “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”
by Jane Austen in Pride And Prejudice

3) “A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
by George R.R. Martin in A Game of Thrones

4) “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
by George R.R. Martin in A Dance with Dragons

5) “The movie is all illusion. How people wish things were.”
by J.A. London in Darkness Before Dawn

6) “If love is like a possession, maybe my letter are like my exorcisms”
by Jenny Han in To All the Boys I've Loved Before

7) “I'm not asking for forever," Tamani said. "Yet. I'm just asking for a moment.”
by Aprilynne Pike in Illusions

8) “I had been waiting, all my life, for someone undeceived to love me.”
by Rosamund Hodge in Cruel Beauty 

9) “I’m scared of everything. And I’m crazy. Like maybe you think I’m a little crazy, but I only ever let people see the tip of my crazy iceberg. Underneath this veneer of slightly crazy and socially inept, I’m a complete disaster.”
by Rainbow Rowell in Fangirl

10) "Just because one person's problem is less traumatic than another's doesn't mean they're required to hurt less"
by J.A. Redmerski in The Edge of Never 

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© My Lovely Secret. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.