Tuesday, 5 May 2015

TTT. Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Ten books I'll probably never read? Before I begin, it doesn't mean the books aren't good, they just aren't for me. Now, let me get ready for all the hate.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Divergent-Trilogy-Veronica-Roth/9780007538034//?a_aid=MyLovelySecrethttp://www.bookdepository.com/Fault-Our-Stars-John-Green/9780141355078/?a_aid=MyLovelySecrethttp://www.bookdepository.com/Twilight-Stephenie-Meyer/9781904233657/?a_aid=MyLovelySecret

Insurgent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I read Divergent and I liked the world-built (and who didn't like Four?), but I didn't enjoy the writing. A few times, I found Tris a bit annoying. But I still could have given both books an opportunity if the ending hasn't been spoiled.
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I hate when a book is over-hyped. Mostly of times, when a book is over-hyped, I don't read it - don't ask why, I just don't feel like reading it. And let's face it, when a book is so over-hyped, spoilers can be found anywhere (yep, both books where spoiled for me as well) and there are so many negative/positive opinions. It's just too much! 

Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. The first book was enough for me. I didn't like it at all. I only read it because of the TV series - and I only watched the first season before quitting.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I started reading it. I got bored. I put it down. I'm still trying to understand all the hype. And this comes from someone who read other books from the author and enjoyed them.  

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. Nope. Never! Stalker-ish relationships don't work for me.

Anything by Nicholas Sparks. There's romance and there's Sparks' romance. I feel all the books are the same. Different characters, different situations but same result. 

I think I can stop now. I didn't mention ten book titles, but I mentioned more than ten books when I wrote "anything" and "series". Does any of the books I mentioned above make part of you top ten books I'll probably never read?

5 comments:

  1. The Davinci Code I agree on, but finished. It was interesting because it was popular and got more people into reading than usual. But definitely not that great. Awesome Post!!
    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really tried to read The Da Vinci Code, but I got to a point where I read the same page over and over again. Yet, I did enjoy reading "Angels & Demons" a lot.

      Happy readings! :)

      Delete
  2. Fifty Shades of Grey was on my list too as was Twilight. TFIOS is a definite no, trust me, don't waste your time by reading it. I have read Insurgent, I haven't read Allegiant, and although the ending has been spoiled for me, I'm still going to read it, as I like to complete trilogies.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know. With so many great books to read, it's good not to lose time with a book that would be a waste of time.

      If I had loved Divergent, I would probably have read the following books - even if people spoiled the ending.

      Happy readings! :)

      Delete
  3. The 50 Shades Trilogy also made my list this week too!! Here's a link to my TTT for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-will.html

    ReplyDelete