Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - Spelled

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week on WoW is Spelled by Betsy Schow. Surprise, surprise: another retelling! I'm not sure if I can consider it a retelling of a fairytale because the story is based on The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Sadly, NetGalley denied my request and I've been pretty much counting the days until I can get Spelled. The book will be released on June 2nd

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
"Fairy Tale Survival Rule #32: If you find yourself at the mercy of a wicked witch, sing a romantic ballad and wait for your Prince Charming to save the day.

Yeah, no thanks. Dorthea is completely princed out. Sure being the crown princess of Emerald has its perks—like Glenda Original ball gowns and Hans Christian Louboutin heels. But a forced marriage to the brooding prince Kato is so not what Dorthea had in mind for her enchanted future.

Talk about unhappily ever after.

Trying to fix her prince problem by wishing on a (cursed) star royally backfires, leaving the kingdom in chaos and her parents stuck in some place called "Kansas." Now it's up to Dorthea and her pixed off prince to find the mysterious Wizard of Oz and undo the curse...before it releases the wickedest witch of all and spells The End for the world of Story."
From Goodreads

9 comments

  1. I've been seeing this one around quite a bit now, and I think it's one of the most requested books on NetGalley! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is one of the most requested books on NetGalley - I firstly found it on NetGalley. Thank you. :)

      Happy readings!

      Delete
  2. Awesome choice!!! I actually snagged a copy for review and plan on reading it this week. I love the cover and the synopsis sounds amazing. Thanks so much for sharing. Even though NetGalley denied you at least it comes out just around the corner. Have a great week and Happy reading. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky for getting that copy for review. Feeling a bit jealous. =P I hope you like it - I'll look for your review. :) True, indeed. I don't have to wait much longer because next week Spelled will be released.

      Happy readings! Have a great week as well. :)

      Delete
  3. I find fairy tale retellings to be either really good or really annoying but I'll probably still give this one a try.

    Joana @ The Boundless Book List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually enjoy fairy tale retellings, but I found one - Bonded by Michelle D. Argyle - that was the worse book I ever read

      Happy readings! :)

      Delete
  4. This one sounds really good! I've been seeing many great reviews on it so far as well which makes me even more excited. Great pick!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've read many great reviews as well and it really is one more reason to want to read it. Just a few more days until it's released. :D

      Happy readings!

      Delete
  5. This looks so cute!!! I love fairy-tale-esque books!

    ReplyDelete

© My Lovely Secret. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.