Pages

Tuesday, 2 June 2015

TTT. Top Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies/Tv Shows

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
 There are many books I'd love to see as movies/Tv shows, but I'd also be afraid of seeing them as movies/Tv shows. Why? Because usually the book adaptation loses the magic of the book - unless it's the Harry Potter films or Game of Thrones (did you watch the last episode? Mind blowing!). Or then I find the cast so disappointing that I simply don't want to watch the movie/show anymore. Oh well, let me start my list.


Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake - Ghosts and murders and blood? I think this book would be a good horror movie. And we are in need of good horror movies. 

Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy by J.A. London - Nowadays, vampires aren't as famous as they were a few years ago. But I believe an apocalyptic world were vampires pretty much control humans would be a success. 

Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier - You're lucky that I'm not doing a list full of Juliet Marillier's book I'd love to see as movies or TV shows. I'd love to see her writing on a theater screen. The worlds she creates are gorgeous along with the characters and the stories. Daughter of the Forest would become a blockbuster movie. 

Dust Land Trilogy by Moira Young - I recently watched Mad Max: Fury Road and this series kinda remind of it. A new world where there is more desert than green areas? A lunatic king? A new language and new beliefs? I'd so watch it!  

The Chronicles of the Overworld/Emerge World by Licia Troisi - I'm not sure of how the name of the series was translated to English - I found both "Overworld" and "Emerge World". I read the series in Portuguese and I absolutely loved it. More fantasy on my TV screen.

The Delirium Series by Lauren Oliver - Can we give Delirium another opportunity? Same actors but a better script? And not an open ending?

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning - Kick-ass heroine? Check! Alpha male with secrets? Check! Dark streets of Dublin? Check! Let's just sit and enjoy.

The Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs - Do I really have to explain? I already said I love Mercy. I already said the world-building is fascinating. I already said  her adventures are incredible. All the ingredients for a TV success. 

The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder - I'd love to see Ixia and Sitia come to life. We have secrets and mysteries and tons of plot twists. It's such a magical world! And, Yelena is a very likable heroine. And, Valek is... well, he is Valek. ;)

The Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr - Can you imagine all the fairies? Can you imagine the dark fairies?! I know I'd be on the front row seat - well, middle row seat to watch the movie better.


0 comments:

Post a Comment