Pages

Tuesday, 9 June 2015

TTT. Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Tower of Thorns, Juliet Marillier - This is decidedly my most anticipated release. I already ordered my copy. It's the second book of the series Blackthorn & Grimm. I loved Dreamer's Pool! If you like fantasy and fairy-tale retellings, you should take a look at it.

The Immortal Heights, Sherry Thomas - I don't think I'm read for the conclusion of the Elemental Trilogy. I only had the opportunity to read The Burning Sky and The Perilous Sea a few months ago - so many books and so little time - and I loved the second more than I loved the first. If I love the third more than I loved the second, I'll need to find a new scale of love.

Mechanica, Besty Cornwell - Can this book not disappoint me? I've been waiting for its release for so long... A fairy-tale retelling and steampunk?! I only want it to be as good as I think it's.

Ash & Bramble, Sarah Prineas - Another Cinderella retelling. How more predictable can I be? But all retellings are different. Seamstress? Shoemaker? The glass slipper doesn't fit?

Spinning Starlight, R.C. Lewis - I never read Hans Christian Andersen's The Wild Swans but for what I've read it's pretty similar to The Six Swans by the Grimm Brothers - I read The Daughter of The Forest which is based on this tale and I enjoyed it a lot. Also, I love the idea of some good interplanetary conspiracy. 


Illuminae, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff - I wanted to request this book on NetGalley, but sadly it isn't available for Europe. The fact that the story is told through emails, medical reports, interviews among other documents really intrigues me. 

These Shallow Graves, Jennifer Donnelly - I loved the kinda-of-morbid cover. It was the cover that called my attention. Then I read the summary and as soon as I read the words "mystery" and "dark secrets", I knew I had to read it.  

Rebel Mechanics, Shanna Swendson - History, magic, spies and it seems a bit of steampunk. Another perfect book for me. It's pretty natural that I've been anticipating its release.

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between, Jennifer E. Smith - This book will certainly break my heart. And for that reason I'm anticipating its release. I need a book to break my heart and to ruin the hopeless romantic inside me.   

The Stars Never Rise, Rachel Vincent - My cheating book. After all, the book comes out today. I've been anticipating my soul-consuming demons for some time now.

2 comments:

  1. So many here sound great, but These Shallow Graves really caught my eye, too.

    Check out my TTT and my Top Ten Favorite Characters Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I have a copy of Mechanica so hopefully I get around to reading it soon. Illuminae also sounds so amazing.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete