Pages

Saturday, 22 August 2015

Bout of Books 14 Read-a-Thon - August 22nd

 Pages read today: 79 pages of Daughter of Smoke and Bone [ebook] + 70 pages of Son of the Shadows
Total of pages read: 1047 pages
Books read today: Daughter of Smoke and Bone & Son of the Shadow
Books read: Salem's Fury by Aaron Galvin
The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel  
Daughter of the Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Challenge: Road Trip hosted by Steph in Wonderland

"For this challenge, I'd like for you to come up with a list of the top 4-5 states/places you'd love to visit and find a book (you either read or want to read) that takes place in that state/place or a book by an author who lives or is from there."

My Book Road Trip

There are so many places I want to visit. I've been dreaming about traveling the world since I can remember. But, sadly, I'm stuck in this place. And, I feel like I never will leave it... 

All of Ireland - Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier & Dreams by Daniela Sacerdoti. Ireland seems a magical place. Its folk tales are beautiful and an inspiration for so many writers. I simply would love to loose myself in its magic landscapes and meet a fairy. 

Beijing, China - Cinder by Marissa Meyer. There is some pollution in Beijing, but I'd go thought it so that I could see the Forbidden City. And, I'd take a walk in the Great Wall of China (not in Beijing, right? But pretty close, right? My geography is awful). I'd love Mushu to be my guide, but that would be wishing for too much.   

London, United Kingdom - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling. I really want to go to London. The Buckingham Palace, the British Museum and Madame Tussauds Museum, the Big Ben... But the main reason I want to go to London is to visit every Harry Potter related place because it'd be like a dream coming true. *still waiting for my letter*

Mumbai, India - Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck. The colors, the smells, the history... I'd lose myself in India's culture. And the food, I'd love to taste Indian food in India.

Prague, Czech Republic - Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I feel in love with Prague while reading the book mentioned. I'd be the happiest person in the world if I lost myself in a city that looks medieval. Not to mention the beautiful architecture and all the art. *dreaming*

Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck & Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

1 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I don't know much about Prague, but the way you described it makes it sound beautiful. I'd love to have Mushu guide me through China as well, his commentary would probably be hilarious! Good luck for the rest of the ReadAThon!

    ReplyDelete