Sunday, 23 August 2015

Bout of Books 14 Read-a-Thon - August 23rd

 Pages read today: 135 pages of Son of the Shadows
Total of pages read: 1182 pages
Books read today: Son of the Shadow
Books read: Salem's Fury by Aaron Galvin
The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel  
Daughter of the Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Challenge: What to read next? hosted by Sarah Reads Too Much

"For this Challenge, you need to recommend 3 books (and only 3 books) that you have read this year that you think should be recognized as something great - something everyone should have on their TBR list for this fall. If you can, say a short little something about why you recommend these books."

I choose three books that not only were published this year, but are my current favourite readings of this year (really can't tell which is in first place).



A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - This book became one of my favourite fairy-tale retellings (and I believe I can say that I've read a lot of them). I simply loved everything about it - the characters, the world built, the plot and its twists... Everything is magical in this story! Sarah J. Maas created a masterpiece that deserves to be read by everyone.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - Thanks to this book Sabaa Tahir became an insta-buy author for me. I love how she created this world based on ancient Rome (history geek here) and how perfectly-flawed the characters were/are. After finishing reading An Ember in the Ashes, I couldn't stop thinking about it (I will probably re-read it and I don't re-read). It's another book that, in my opinion, deserves to be read.

Ps. I Still Love You by Jenny Han - A lovely-cute story that warms my heart. Yep, that's how my romantic-self describes Ps. I Still Love You. The story really played with my emotions. And, who doesn't like to read a books that plays with the emotions? 

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! How did you like Daughter of Smoke and Bone? As for your Challenge in recommending books I definitely plan on reading An ember in the ashes and Court of Thorns and Roses soon.

    ReplyDelete