Saturday, 1 August 2015

My Bookish Life 1. An Awful Reading Slump

"Reading Slump: A readers worst nightmare. Not being able to pick up a book and read because you just can't, you just can't read."

A readers worst nightmare? No, a reading slump is much more than that! A reading slump is a life ruiner!

description

I haven't been able to read a book properly since PS. I Still Love You by Jenny Hann. In fact, I've only read one book (The Changeling) since and it took me a really long time. I still don't know how I finished it....

I thought I needed some rest, you know? Stay away from my adored books and do something else with my free time. So, I dedicated myself to other activities and hobbies, but it didn't work out... I still can't read a single book.

description

And one of the worse parts is that I started an on-line literature course in June which implies to read a book per week. It was no big deal as I read more than a book peer week, right? Yep, if I wasn't dealing with a freaking reading slump! I'm so glad I've mastered the capacity of writing essays without reading the full-book back in my University days (which weren't that long ago).  

Well, if anyone was wondering about my absence, it's because of this stupid reading slump. I can't do anything book-related because it makes me feel depressed - being on the blogging sphere reading tons of book-related posts without being able to read a book can be very depressing.

I'm hoping Bout of Books Read-a-Thon 14 will help me recover from my reading slump. These kind of challenges usually help me read a lot more than I usually do. And, right now, 50 pages is better than none. But until then, if someone has a few tips to offer, I'm all ears - well, all eyes. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment