Pages

Tuesday, 25 August 2015

TTT. Books That Would Be On My Syllabus If I Taught Demonology in YA Literature

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and the Bookish
I think I wouldn't mind teaching literature. I used to enjoy some of the literature classes I took - my favourite class was 20th Century North-American Literature. But if I were to teach a Literature class, it would be related with the supernatural. So, let my class begin...

Demonology in YA Literature 666

Welcome to Demonology in YA Literature. During the next semester, it will be discussed the different demonic representations in Young Adult Literature and its roots. To pass this course students are required to read and fangirl. The required readings can be purchase in physical format or eBook. 


These are the first five readings and each story represents demons is a very different way. In Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, Dreams by Daniela Sacerdoti and The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent the main characters are demon hunters which gives the opportunity to understand the reasons that motive a human to fight demons. In Daughter of Smoke & Blood by Laini Taylor there will be a discussion about who the real demons are.


Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge offers another representation of demons and their physical/psychological effects on the human being. In the Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London, Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr and Written in Red by Anne Bishop, there will be analyzed the other demons as the demons can be represented by vampires, fairies and/or human beings. Riders by Veronica Rossi (my cheating book as it hasn't been published yet) will offer a discussion about the Four Horsemen. 

I wish good luck to everyone enrolling in this course. =P

3 comments:

  1. Anna Dressed In Blood, Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Cruel Beauty are all on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/top-ten-tuesday-19/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read all of these, but I did read Dakness (just the first book), Cruel Beauty, City of Bones, Smoke and Bone and Wicked Lovely; I guess I've read half!! I'm looking forward to Riders. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna Dressed in Blood, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and Cruel Beauty are also on my TBR. I love paranormal and urban fantasy, so I'll be checking out some of these other books, too! I'd happily take this class :-)

    ReplyDelete