Pages

Tuesday, 1 September 2015

TTT. Ten Characters I Just Didn't Click With

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and the Bookish
This will be a Top Five because I can't think of many characters I don't click with. I always try to give a second chance to a character. I give them an opportunity to redeem themselves. But the few ones I don't click with, most of times, I feel that I end up hating them. A lot.

Charley Davidson from First Grave on the Right -  I hate you so much Charley! I really, but really hate you! Her childish ways annoy me. Charley isn't funny. She is like a little kid who keeps repeating the same jokes over and over again; she is like a girl stuck on high school forever. And the worse is that I enjoy the series plot (I really find it interesting), but Charley's behavior ruins everything for me. Another reason to hate her so much.  

Meg Corbyn from Written in Red - I didn't click with Meg at first. I found really difficult to accept her ingenuity (as a cassandra sangue she had never experienced the real world before). It annoyed me to no end how stupid she could be. But the Others made up for her bland character. I confess that by the end, I warmed up to Meg. I'm currently reading Murder of Crows and I haven't felt like slapping her yet.  

Ron Wesley from the Harry Potter series - This has nothing to do with me being pro Harry/Hermione. I liked Ron in the first three books - even when he and my favourite character, Hermione, were always bickering. But then Ron came across a jealous brat and I just wanted to put some sense in his head. I'm sure Harry would have changed places with him at any time - a loveling family and not having someone trying to murder you every year sounds pretty amazing.

Sansa Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire - Do I really have to explain? I mean, it's Sansa. I tried, but... It's Sansa. Enough said! But her character in Game of Thrones is more interesting than her character in the books.  

Trish Prior from Divergent - I read Divergent in less than 24 hours just so I didn't have to deal with Trish a second more. I can't recall the main reason why I didn't click with her (see? I really don't want anything to do with Trish), but we just didn't click. 

http://bookdepository.com/Written-in-Red/9780451417909/?a_aid=MyLovelySecrethttp://bookdepository.com/Harry-Potter-and-the-Philosopher-s-Stone/9781408855652/?a_aid=MyLovelySecrethttp://www.bookdepository.com/Game-Thrones-George-R-R-Martin/9780006479888/?a_aid=MyLovelySecret

9 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Sansa but I chose to leaver her off my list because I thought we were supposed to not like her and I wasn't putting characters that fit that description on there. Great list :)

    My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-Jy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that. But I'm not sure if it was Martin's intention (even if most people aren't fond of Sansa). I think I read somewhere that the Stark children were "special" to him (that doesn't mean he won't kill them) and Sansa has shown more maturity in the last books. I still don't click with Sansa, but she hasn't acted as a spoiled child as much as she did.

      Happy readings! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, man, I love Ron. I love that you read Divergent in a day just so you didn't have to deal with Tris, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I swear tried, but Trish was not my cup of tea. One day in her company was enough. :P

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  3. I had Tris on my list too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/top-ten-tuesday-20/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah - Ron was a bit of a brat. I should have put him on my list today too - it turned out rather brat-heavy lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Readers just can't click with brats. =P

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  5. I had Sansa on my list too. She annoyed me so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand how you feel. I couldn't wait for her chapters to finish...

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete