Sunday, 31 January 2016

Yearly Recap. 2015 Favorites

January is ending and I'm only writing this now. Yeah, I'm kinda of lazy... But 20015 was a year of great readings even though I dealt with a huge reading slump. Here are some of my favorite books read in 2015.


An Ember in the Ashes, Sabaa Tahir. I can't believe how much I loved this book. I loved the plot, the characters (yes, even Laia, who was stronger than everyone thought she could be), the world-built...Everything was just perfect! PERFECT! I was so excited when I found out there was going to be a sequel (and probably a film)

A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah J. Mass. Beauty and the Beast retellings are my favourite and this one lived to its hype. A Court of Thorns and Roses was my first book from Sarah J. Maas and I was impressed by her (it's probably time to read Throne of Glass). I feel in love with this novel (hoping the sequel doesn't ruin it a beautiful story). From Tamlin's curse to Feyre's strong determination, everything was perfectly written.

Tower of Thorns, Juliet Marillier. Why everything Juliet Marillier writes is so amazingly perfect? All the feelings...If you haven't read any of her novels, I recommend you to do it because Juliet Marillier knows how to create a perfect world full of secrets and twists and romance. Tower of Thorns reveals more of Blackthorn and Grim's past, answering many questions from Dreamer's Pool. Currently waiting for Den of Wolfes, which may or not may be the last novel of Blackthorn & Grim (let's hope not)

Gilded Ashes, Rosamund Hodge. This is such a sweet yet dark retelling of Cinderella.  I wished it was not a novella but a novel. The plot had so much potential to be a long-story. And Maia was such a likable character.


To All the Boys I've Loved Before & P.S. I Still Love, Jenny Han. This sweet story made my heart melt and put a smile on my face. Sometimes all a reader needs is a light story with characters unbelievable-believable. Lara Jean and Peter won a place in my heart. 

The Burning Sky & The Immortal Heights, Sherry Thomas. I confess that it took me sometime to get into these series, but when I did, I just couldn't put it down. The plot is different from all the others fantasy stories I read before, so thumbs up! Hopefully, I'll be reading The Immortal Heights soon.

The Book of Ivy, Amy Engel. This novel reminded me of what a good dystopia story looks like. Can you remember when was the last time a good dystopia was published? (After The Hunger Games, of course) I enjoyed the world-built and the characters. Ivy grew so much one me because she goes from a silly little girl to a strong woman.


Percy Jackson & The Olympians. I love Greek mythology. I remember trying to find every Greek myth when I was younger. Percy Jackson is perfect for someone who loves/is addicted to Greek mythology as I am. I regret not having read it sooner, because the moment I started reading Percy's adventures I couldn't stop.

2 comments:

  1. I want to check out An Ember in the Ashes so bad! I recently bought a copy but still haven't read it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have time to check it out because it's such a great book.

      Happy readings! :)

      Delete