Tuesday, 1 March 2016

TTT. Ten Books to Read If You Are in the Mood for Fantasy

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and the Bookish
It has been a while since I participated on TTT. I'm participating today and I'm recommending ten books to read if you are in the mood for Fantasy. I'll try to mention some of my most recent reading and I'll try to mention different genres of Fantasy.


A Thousand Nights, E.K. Johnston. This retelling of One Thousand Nights is simply beautiful. There is something magical in E. K. Johnston writing that brings such a realness to the novel that you can put it down. A fairytale retelling lover as me can't ignore this book. It's a must read!  [Review]

Six of Crows, Leigh Badurgo. I'm completely in love with this novel. It is well-written, it is fast paced and has lots of twists and surprises that leave the reader on the edge of its seat. Six of Crows is a beautifully written blend of magic and darkness that every fantasy lover must read. [Review]

An Ember in the Ashes, Sabaa Tahir. One of my favorite readings of 2015 (if not, my favorite one), An Ember in the Ashes brings fantasy to a world inspired by ancient Rome. Brilliant characters, strange men known as Augurs who deliver prophecies, masks that can't be taken off... All the ingredients for a mind-blowing fantasy novel.   

Dreamer's Pool, Juliet Marillier. No list made by me can be complete without Juliet Marillier. However, today I'm recommending Dreamer's Pool instead of Heart's Blood. Why? Dreamer's Pool is Marillier's first trilogy focused on "older" characters. Blackthorn & Grim is a series of fairytale retellings for those who want a break from YA.


Starbound Trilogy, Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner. This series is perfect for everyone who love spacial fantasy. Not only the covers are stunning, but the world created is simply brilliant and the characters are far from simple. I still have to read Their Fractured Light, but after the beauty of These Broken Stars and This Shattered World, I feel I won't be disappointed.

A Song of Ice and Fire, George R.R. Martin. There is no reason to explain why this series made the list. If you love epic fantasy, A Song of Ice and Fire is a must.

Outlander, Diana  Gabaldon. History and fantasy (time-traveling is usually science fiction, but Claire traveled to the past because of some druid magic/stones, so it's fantasy), what could be better?

And my list is done. I know, how can I be done if there are only 7 recommendations? Well, the Starbound Trilogy, as it's obvious, has three books and A Song of Ice and Fire has five published books until the moment. In fact, I recommended more than 10 books. =P

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© My Lovely Secret. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.