Tuesday, 15 March 2016

TTT. Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and the Bookish
I can't believe in a few days it's officially Spring. There are so many books I want to read - but, as usual, so little time. I'll be dividing this list in two: five books that I already own and five books that are released during this Spring. 

Books I Already Own


A Little Something Different, Sandy Hill. This is the book I won in a Bout of Books 15 challenge (I still don't have it, but I'll have it on my hands pretty soon; so it's like I already own it). It just seems such a cute love story, which makes it a perfect Spring reading. 

Assassin's Heart, Sarah Ahiers. I received this book yesterday - don't you love going to pick the mail and find a book waiting for you? The cover is gorgeous! *.* It's a Romeo & Juliet kinda-of retelling. But, hopefully, the ending won't be so tragic.  

Fire Touched, Patricia Briggs. An obvious choice on my list. I waited for this novel for two years. How did I spend two years without Mercy Thompson? I'll never know...

The Forbidden Wish, Jessica. A retelling of Arabian Nights. You know how much I love retellings (I keep mentioning it, right?), so I have to read it. Also, Sarah J. Maas said some nice things about it, which is one more reason to read it.

The Weight of Feathers, Anna-Marie McLemore. Another romantic novel with a little bit of Romeo & Juliet. It will be a Spring full of love for me.

Upcoming Releases


A Court of Mist and Fury, Sarah J. Maas. One of my most obvious choices for this list. I can't wait to put my hands on this novel -even though I'm dreading the fact that Rhysand will probably become a love interest for Feyre. Am I the only one who can't stand the idea?  

Love, Lies and Spies, Cindy Anstey. "In "Love, Lies and Spies" Cindy Anstey's hilarious homage to Jane Austen, a lady with a penchant for trouble finds a handsome spy much more than merely tolerable". One single mention to Jane Austen and I know I have to read it. Also, it seems a really good spy novel. 

The Crown's Game, Evelyn Skye. This novel takes place in Imperial Russia and has enchanters battling for their life. Fantasy and history are always a perfect match. Another book that I can't wait to put my hands on.

The Star Touched Queen, Roshani Chokshi. This novel is inspired by Indian mythology. Of course I've to read it. I probably love mythology more than I should.

This Savage Song, Victoria Schwab. I haven't read any of Schwab's previous novels. I loved the summary of this one (violent acts that summon real monsters? A bloodsucking Malchai; a clawing Corsai; and soul-stealing Sunai ) and if I love it, I'll check her other works.        

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo excited for A Court of Mist and Fury! I love, love, love Sarah J. Maas' books, she has just gotten better and better with each book she's written.

    I also think Rhysand will become a love interest which I will not be happy about. I hate feeling split when the MC has two love interests to choose from, I spend most of the book cringing when there is any romance between either of the options. I feel like it always detracts from the story...

    Jordon @ Simply Adrift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you! When there are love triangles, any romance between either of the options is annoying as hell. And it does detracts from the story. I only wish love triangles were over...

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete