Pages

Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Monthly Recap. May 2016

May comes to an end. Gosh, time keeps flying! I wish I had the power to stop it. Not only to have more time to read and write reviews but also to figure out life; figure out the next step. Sometimes you just feel like quitting because nothing good happens and not even the little things are there to cheer you up. But you've to keep moving on, no matter how tired you feel about living... I apologize for bothering you with my sorrows. Let's go through this bookish month? 

This month was Bout of Books 16 and it did help me tackle down my TBR pile. I read three books during the read-a-thon and I even started reading The Girl at Midnight (it kinda reminded me of Daughter of Smoke and Bone). This month, in total, I read 5 books and started Their Fractured Light, which is very addictive.

  • Assassin's Heart, Sarah Ahiers
  • The Star-Touched Queen, Roshani Chokshi
  • The Forbidden Wish, Jessica Khoury
  • Night Study, Maria V. Snyder
  • The Girl at Midnight, Melissa Grey
I was a bit disappointed with Assassin's Heart. The main character wasn't very likeable and her ideology a bit annoying (she believed murder was wrong unless the killing was the goodness' will), so it took me a long time to warm up to her. However, all in all, I loved my other readings. Night Study made me fall in love again with the Poison series. The Star-Touched Queen is a magical reading. The Forbidden Wish is a stunning Aladdin retelling.


This month was not a bad month. I didn't get too many books [bookworm under control] and I'm proud to say that I read most of the books I received (3 out of 5).


Everland by Wendy Spinale came with May's Owlcrate. I confess it was not a surprise because when Owlcrate announced that the book would be a steampunk retelling I knew it could only be Everland as it was the only steampunk retelling being release. See? My addiction to retellings can be very useful.  

The Star-Touched Queen was one of mine most anticipated releases of this year. Night Study is the sequel to Shadow Study, so of course I had to have it. Seven Black Diamonds is the new book from one of my favourite writers, Melissa Marr, so it was a must have. I got The Girl at Midnight because I feel in love with its cover - yes, I'm that shallow. =P 

Random & Randomness, as the name indicates, is about random bookish stuff. Inspired by a few blogs (such as The Daily Prophecy), I decided to create this little space where I share some book love.
  • Beauty and the Beast teaser trailer - How am I going to wait until 2017? I died after watching this teaser trailer [such a tease, indeed]. The song, the castle, the rose... Everything is so freaking enchanting! It's time to start the countdown and hope not to die of anticipation.
  • Six of Crows Duology - Leigh Bardugo revealed that on September 27 it would be released a Six of Crows Duology. I couldn't be more excited as I read the ebook version of Six of Crows. Now is my chance to get it and Crooked Kingdom - those red stained pages *.* I confess that I already pre-ordered it.
  • My review of The Scorpio Races and of The Star-Touched Queen.  

PS. What do you think about the new look of  My Lovely Secret? It has a new background and a new header.

0 comments:

Post a Comment