Tuesday, 24 May 2016

TTT. Would I Love It Now?

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and the Bookish
This week's TTT theme is Ten Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed. I've come to the conclusion that I rarely change my mind. But there are a few books that I question myself if I would love them as  much as I did before, if I read them now.


Delirium, Lauren Oliver. I adored Delirium. It's one of my favourite dystopias. However, I was very disappointed with the ending of this series. Open endings always leave a sensation of emptiness, but I don't mind them if they're well done. But no matter how poetic the ending of Requiem was, it did ruin the series for me. I feel if I were to read Delirium again, I'd not give if five stars just because I knew how it would end.

The Hundred, Kass Morgan. I had no idea this book was so hated till I read it. I didn't like Clarke and it took a long time until something interesting happened on Earth, but I loved Glass (weird name, I know) and her story and her relationship with Luke. As I wrote in my review, I couldn't put the book down because I was eager to read Glass's chapters. However, after reading so many awful reviews, I'm afraid my opinion would change if I re-read it.

Matched, Ally Condie. Matched will always be a favourite of mine. I read it twice, first in Portuguese and then in English. But if I were to pick it up a third time after reading Reached, I fear my opinion would change and it's something I don't want to happen.   

Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell. Shocker, right? As a former fanfiction writer (let the hate start), Cath's obsession with it was perfectly understandable to me. However, after reading Fangirl, the more I thought about it, the more I realized there wasn't closure - if you were/are a committed fanfiction writer, I believe you understand what I mean. If I were to read it again, I'm sure my rating wouldn't be the same.     

A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah J. Maas. Did I tell that after reading spoilers of the-sequel-I-shall-not-name, I cancelled my pre-order? A Court of Thorns and Roses has now become a stand-alone to me. I want to re-read it, but I'm afraid if I do it, I won't love it because I may find the love story pointless.

PS. Who is still emotionally devastated after the last episode of Game of Thrones?


6 comments:

  1. I'm not actually a massive Rainbow Rowell fan. I've read two of her books as they were just ok. I don't get all the excitement surrounding her books.
    I've never read The 100, but I did start watching the TV show and I found Clarke annoying in that, so would probably find her annoying in the book too!
    I don;t watch GOT but keep up with all the spoilers and I can imagine that last night was a VERY emotional episode! I hope you recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess that I've only read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I did enjoy Fangirl, but I didn't understand the hype surrounding Carry On.

      I only watched the first episode of The 100 and it didn't grab my attention. I can't tell if Clarke's character is the same both in the book and show, but in the book she annoyed me a lot.

      Thank you. Still fighting all these feelings. =P

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm reading the second book of ACOTAR now - I'm only 20% in. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it, after reading some reviews I'm still not sure, however, it's sucked me in to the story. The story isn't what readers wanted, BUT it is really good. It seems pretty dark though, but it's still quite enjoyable.

    Jordon @ Simply Adrift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My opinion is probably very biased because Beauty and the Beast is my favourite fairytales. I loved ACOTAR. It was a beautiful retelling and I don't want this entrancing story to be spoiled by its sequel - no matter how good it is. I love(d) Tamlin and [SPOILER ALERT] last thing I'd like is reading him acting out of character.

      Happy readings! :)

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately I haven't read many of these yet, but Matched did also make my list for a similar reason - I'm scared if I reread it I'll realize that its not as good as I thought! I also feel for you after that last GoT episode - I'm also still trying to recover from it!

    Heres my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember loving Matched so much when I read it (I still love it) that I don't wish to re-read it and be confronted by the ugly truth: it may not be as good as a I think.

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete