Pages

Thursday, 30 June 2016

Monthly Recap. June 2016

June was a dreadful month. Life is unexpected and without warning I had to say goodbye to my 15 years-old cat, Mufasa. It has been a really difficult time. Everything reminds me of my little king - worse, I catch glimpses of him, I can hear him... After fifteen years it's hard not to have him around. But I was glad to find people that understand the pain of losing a pet; of losing a best friend (because truth be told, Mufasa was more than a pet; he was my best friend). Thanks to their words and understanding, I didn't feel so lost or alone. However, I'm still mourning and now all I've are memories that make me smile and cry.

This month picking up a book was really difficult. Usually reading brings me console, but not this time. I could not concentrate, I could not find the energy to fall for the characters, for the story... But I did read something.
  • Their Fractured Light, Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner [ebook]
  • Seven Black Diamonds, Melissa Marr
I've also started reading Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen, which so far so good. Do you plan reading it? Or have you already read it? What did you think of it? 

This month I only got one book, My Lady Jane, and it was from a subscription box. But I confess that I ordered a few books with a discount coupon and they will arrive in July.

Instagram
Random & Randomness, as the name indicates, is about random bookish stuff. Inspired by a few blogs (such as The Daily Prophecy), I decided to create this little space where I share some book love.
How was your bookish month?

0 comments:

Post a Comment