Tuesday, 14 June 2016

TTT. Can't Wait to Put My Hands On

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and the Bookish
This week on Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year. It's a list difficult to write down as there are so many great books coming out in the next months - have you seen how many great books are being released in September?




A Torch Against the Night, Sabaa Tahir. Can this book just be released?! The anticipation is killing me! I've been waiting for this sequel since I read An Ember in the Ashes more than a year ago. An Ember in the Ashes was my favourite reading of  2015 and I just can't wait to know what happens to Laia and Elias next. 

Kingdom of Ash and Briars, Hannah West. How beautiful is this cover? *.* This novel seems perfect for a fairytale retelling lover as me. It includes Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, the Chinese legend of Hua Mulan... Simply can't wait to read it.  

A Shadow Bright & Burning, Jessica Cluess. Victorian London, magic, bloodthirsty demons... It just seem such an enticing book. And, it has all the right ingredients to be a five stars novel. 

Vassa in the Night, Sarah Porter. Such a cute cover [I'm already planning a few photos to share on Instagram]. This is another retelling and is inspired by Russian folktale Vassilissa the Beautiful (which I've never read, but I'll have to) with the (in)famous Babs Yagg.

Crooked Kingdom, Leigh Bardugo. Can it just be September? I already pre-ordered my copy of Crooked Kingdom (I ordered the Six of Crows duology) and can't wait to put my hands on the red stained pages. In Six of Crows, the characters were amazing, specially Kaz and Inej (which if you read my review for Six of Crows you know that I ship them with all my heart), the world was fascinating... Need. Sequel. NOW!

Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, Rosamund Hodge. I'm hoping Rosamund Hodge can redeem herself after the tragedy that was Crimson Bound. The story is inspired by Romeo and Juliet but with necromancers, so I think it already is a step in the right direction.

Fear the Drowning Deep, Sarah Gleen Marsh. I first added this book to my wishlist because of its cover (I know it is nothing special, but I loved the colours). Then, I fell for the summary - a mysterious sea, a witch, etc. - and now I can't wait to read this stand-alone.  

Replica, Lauren Oliver. I find this book very intriguing. I mean, the same story, but told twice by two different characters. And, you can read first a story and then the other one or you can merge them and read them together. Can I just have it? Please?

Den of Wolves, Juliet Marillier. I'm going to repeat myself for the hundredth time: I LOVE Juliet Marillier. Everything she writes goes straight to my can't-wait-to-put-my-hand-on list. So, of course, I can't wait to read the supposedly last Blackthorn & Grim novel. Just a few more months until November... PS. Look at that cover. *:* 

Spindle, E.K. Johnston. I adored A Thousand Nights because of E. K. Johnston's magical writing. Because of such, I can't wait to read Spindle and see if it's as beautifully written too. This companion novel is inspired by The Sleeping Beauty and that only makes me to want to read it more.   

Post a Comment

© My Lovely Secret. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.