Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Monthly Recap. August 2016

And August comes to an end and it's time to look back and see how many books I read and how many books I bought. I'm proud to say that I read more books than I bought. Yay! =D However, I didn't writer as many reviews as I wanted to. =( Also, I'm happy to say that it has been a calm month. I'm still hurt, but my love for Iago is growing every day.


Another good reading month for me. :) I've read eight books this month. Sadly, I won't be able to keep up with my reading strike for the next months.

  • Love, Lies and Spies, Cindy Anstey
  • The Shadow Queen, C.J. Redwine
  • The Last Boy and Girl in the World, Siobhan Vivian
  • Truthwitch, Susan Dennard
  • Shatter Me, Tahereh Mafi
  • Prince of Shadows, Rachel Caine
  • For Darkness Shows the Stars, Diana Peterfreund
  • The Chaos of Stars, Kiersten White
My favourite readings this month were Prince of Shadows and For Darkness Shows the Stars, two retellings that I read during Bout of Books 17For Darkness Shows the Stars reminded me that I must re-read Persuasion by Jane Austen. The book which disappointed me the most was Truthwitch. I really had high hopes, but the characters...While Iseult was bearable, Safiya was simply annoying (why so many annoying characters? *looking at you Siobhan Vivian and The Last Boy and Girl in the World*). 


This month I didn't go bankrupted. *happy dance* So, which new books arrived to my bookshelf? 


P.S. I Like You came with this month Owlcrate (which will be my last until the next year; I decided to give an opportunity to Nerdy Bookworm Box). I was happy to receive it because it was on my wishlist. I read P.S. I Still Love You last year and I loved it. So, I finally bought a physical copy of it - and it looks so pretty side-by-side with my copy of To All the Boys I've Loved Before. *.* I bought The Hunger Games Trilogy in Book Depostiory's bargain section. I do have these books in Portuguese, but these editions are so pretty and they were so cheap that I just couldn't resist. I had to have them! 


Random & Randomness, as the name indicates, is about random bookish stuff. Inspired by a few blogs, I decided to create this little space where I share some bookish love.
  • Two more books for Sabaa Tahir - Yes, I'm still impatiently waiting for my copy of A Torch Against the Night to arrive, but even if I haven't read it yet, I felt super excited when Sabaa Tahir announced that she would write two more books in the An Ember in the Ashes series. Sadly, book number three will only be released in 2018 and I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long.
  • My review of Stitching Snow and Love, Lies and Spies.   

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© My Lovely Secret. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.