Saturday, 1 October 2016

Monthly Recap. September 2016

Goodbye September, thank you for bringing the fall (sadly, the weather still is very hot). This month I started a new journey: I started my master degree in English Studies. I don't have much time to read as I did before (at least, I don't have much time to read the books I want to; I've a long list of mandatory books to go through) or write reviews (I can't believe I only wrote one this month). But after two weeks I'm finding my pace and soon I'll find a balance because I don't want to leave this blog to be on hiatus again - especially now that I started receiving review copies.  


As I sadly wrote last month, I wouldn't be able to keep up with my reading strike for this month. As I mentioned above, I started a new journey and I've less time to dedicate myself to my bookish ways. However, apart from the books mentioned below, I also started reading Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop and I'm almost finishing The Scarlet Letter.
  • Reign of Shadows, Sophie Jordan
  • A  Torch Against the Night, Sabaa Tahir
  • The Immortal Heights, Sherry Thomas
  • The Time Machine, H.G. Wells [read for my master]
Firstly, I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about the ending of The Immortal Heights. It was the ending of The Elemental Trilogy and I still don't know if it ended with a bang or if it was utterly disappointing. Secondly, I loved A Torch Against the Night. *.* It was all kinds of amazing (even if I got mad at Laia for a couple of chapters) and I haven't written a review yet because I can't find the words to explain all its amazingness. See? I keep using the word "amazing".


Another where month I didn't go bankrupted. *happy dance* So, which new books arrived to my bookshelf in September? 

Instagram
Wait?! What?! Only one book? :O Did I only get A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir that was my favourite book of 2016 so far? Okay, I got some books for my masters, but it's a list of mandatory books, so I'll write later about that book haul.


Random & Randomness, as the name indicates, is about random bookish stuff. Inspired by a few blogs, I decided to create this little space where I share some bookish love.

No comments:

Post a Comment