Pages

Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Monthly Recap. October 2016

Hello November. I can't believe that two more months and 2016 will end (not that I mind, because 2016 has been an hellish year to me). Who's already counting the days for all those 2017 releases? *rises hand* I simply can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Hunted by Meagan Spooner.  


As it's known, I went back to college and my reading time has been reduced. So, of course, I didn't read as much as I wished this month (again). At least, I didn't read books I want to - why so many freaking articles?! Apart from the books mentioned below, I also started reading Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo and Nineteen Eighty-four.

Instagram
  • Marked in Flesh, Anne Bishop
  • Say Her Name, James Dawson
  • The Scarlet Letter, Nathaniel Hawthorn [read for my masters]
  • The Merchant of Venice, William Shakespeare [read for my masters] 
  • The Shoemaker's Holiday, Thomas Dekker [read for my masters)
It's no surprised that I loved Marked in Flesh. Anne Bishop is an amazing writer that deserves a lot more recognition. Say Her Name (based on the urban legend Bloody Mary) has a dozen YA clichés, but I found it kind scaring. There was a moment I could swear I was hearing the drip-drip-drip (later I realized that I had forgotten to turn off the water after my cat drinking from it =P ).

After this month I'll probably need a new bookshelf... But there is not place to put it, so maybe I should just go through all my books and see those I read and didn't love and wish to unhaul (or hide in a dark corner never to be seen).


First, I didn't spend as much money as you may think. I pre-ordered my Six of Crows duology back when it was announced in the Spring. Heart's Blood I bought in August, but it got stuck in customs and I only got my hands on it now. Also, I pre-ordered Stealing Snow in August too. None of this money was spent this month. Oh, and Three Dark Crowns came with September´s Nerdy Bookworm Box, which means it was not an October expense. =P So, officially, only two three books were bought this month (missing in  the pictures Alice's Adventures in Wonderland).


Random & Randomness, as the name indicates, is about random bookish stuff. Inspired by a few blogs, I decided to create this little space where I share some bookish love.
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Global Fan Event - I wish I had attended this event - sadly, global doesn't really mean global. I confess I wasn't (and I'm still not) a bit interested in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, but I'm super excited for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. You can read here everything that was announced during the event. Who's excited for, at least, five more films? *raises hand* 
  • Harry Potter Funko Pop! Vynil Series 3 - Aren't they gorgeous? *.* I think some of them are already being sold. I know I want Harry with Hedwig. And McGonagall. And Bellatrix. Oh, and Harry holding prophecy. Okay, it's easier to say those I don't want. 
  • Game of Thrones, Season 7: The First Photos - How am I going to survive until next Summer?! I want to watch the new season now! I just want my ship to finally happen (even if it's short-lived; I mean, we all know how Martin and the producers love to break our heart). Btw, have you seen the 20th Anniversary Illustrated edition of A Game of Thrones? *.*
  • Leigh Bardugo's new Duology - Are you excited? Because I know I'm. Since I read Six of Crows, I became I fan of Leigh Bardugo (and if you aren't following her on Twitter, you should).   
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Coming to PS4 - I'm more than excited for this. For those who don't know it, I'm a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts. I always get goosebumps when I hear its theme song. I. FREAKING. LOVE. IT!
  • My review of The Shadow Queen.    

0 comments:

Post a Comment