Tuesday, 22 November 2016

TTT. I'm Thankful For...

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and the Bookish
This week on Top Ten Tuesday is what are you thankful for. I know Thanksgiving is an American tradition/holiday and I don't have much to thank for this year (as many of you know, this year has been terrible to me). However, I'd like to share the bookish moments that warmed my cold heart.  

I'm thankful for...


The release of A Torch Against the Night. Thank you Sabaa Tahir for creating such an amazing world. Thank you for making me dream. Thank you for making me count the days until I finally had my copy. Thank you for Elias and Laia (I'll go down with this ship).

Discovering Leigh Bardugo. This year was the first time I plunged into the Grisha World. I loved Six of Crows, I finally read Shadow and Bone last month (or was it this month?) and I'm currently reading Crooked Kingdom [slowly reading it because of uni :´( ]. Leigh Bardugo is an extraordinary writer and I'm thankful for having her novels on my bookshelf.

The announcement of Always and Forever, Lara Jean. I'm a huge fan of Lara Jean. And Peter. *.* I started reading contemporaries because of this series. So, I couldn't be more excited when a third book was announced. However, I'm terrified of the future of Lara Jean and Peter (please, don't break them up, Jenny). Because, let's face it, high school relationships don't last forever and the tittle kinda suggests a break up...

Being reached by authors to review their books. I may not be reached by well-known publishers or authors and my email are ignored because I'm from Portugal, but I get to know wonderful and touching stories that many people don't. And, I get the opportunity to help promoting them. And, this is something I really love doing. <3

Becoming a #bookstagrammer. If you aren't following me yet, here it's my account, @mybookishsecret. I've meet so many wonderful people and I've so much fun taking bookish photos.

Finally having a bookshelf!

And I must cut my list short because it seems I've uni work to do. =P However, you can check my Monthly Recap post and take a look at the Random & Randomness section to know which news made me super excited this year.   

8 comments:

  1. Great list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/top-ten-tuesday-84/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited to get to A Torch Against the Night. Great list!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it as much as I did. Happy readings! :)

      Delete
  3. Leigh Bardugo is THE BEST! I read Six of Crows last year but was really confused, then I reread it after reading the Grisha trilogy and I loved it 10000x more. It made me happy to see that on your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mad at myself for not having read her books before. She is simply amazing. Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  4. Lovely list and your bookstagram is amazing! :) Six of Crows has been on my list for awhile now but I think I'll be moving it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. I'm really trying to have a nice Instagram feed. <3 I hope you read it soon and like it as much as I did.

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete