Saturday, 4 February 2017

Monthly Recap. January 2017

How did the first month of the year treat you? This beginning of the year was very chaotic for me. I spent all January writing essays and in oral presentations and English evaluations.... I really need a break! But sadly my second semester starts next Monday, which means: "no rest for the wicked". 😸 However, I was able to read three books thanks to one of the goals I set to 2017 (which I shall share with you hopefully tomorrow) - even though, I didn't respect the 50 pages per day in the last two weeks because I had soooooo much work. But I'm back on track now...


This month I didn't read much, but I'm proud of what I read because with such a hectic schedule, I can't believe I was able to get through three books. And, they were also all acquired in 2016. which means I'm tackling down the pile. 
  • Three Dark Crowns, Kendare Black
  • This Savage Song, Victoria Schwab
  • Vassa in the Night, Sarah Porter
      I loved This Savage Song. I loved everything about. I loved it so much that as soon as I finished it, I had to ordered something else from Victoria Schawb. Can you guess from which series? [answer will be shared in next month's monthly recap] Also, I may or may not have a crush on August. 😻 I had a few issues with the pacing of Three Dark Crowns. A few things just happened out of the blue and left me questioning what the hell was going on. However, I really want to read its sequel - I know most people aren't rooting for Mirabella, but I'm; there was so much hate on her sisters and she would do anything to protect them. Vassa in the Night had some jaw dropping moments (I could not believe that had happened], but sometimes the descriptions were very confusing. Overall, it was a good reading month - I didn't hate anything I read and the books were able to make me have a nice time under so much stress.


      I have a confession to make: I ordered more books than those I received this month. However, most books are for university and because of such I got myself the less expensive editions. Anyway, these are the books that arrived at my door.

      • Roseblood, A.G. Howard [Owlcrate]
      • The Case of Beasts [not featured - but there is funko Niffler that is the most adorable creature in the world... and both Niffler and my Iago love stealing shiny stuff 😻😻😻]

      Random & Randomness, as the name indicates, is about random bookish stuff. Inspired by a few blogs, I decided to create this little space where I share some bookish love. Ps.: Because my mind has been a mess, I'm not sure if all these news were releases in January.
      • "Broken Ones" Cover Reveal - I was proudly part of Danielle L. Jensen's tour to reveal the beautiful cover of "Stolen Songbird" prequel. If you have not seen it, just do it because the cover is gorgeous. 
      • Gravity Rush 2 Release - I confess, the main reason I first played Gravity Rush was because it had a cat on the cover. However, I loved the game and I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. I really need money...
      • Lord of the Rings Funkos - I may have bought myself a third edition of the films "Lord of the Rings". Now, I just need to find the perfect book edition... Any edition you would like to recommend? I really like the leather bound one, but it's a bit expensive.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment