Wednesday, 4 October 2017

Waiting on Wednesday. Whichwood


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week on WoW is Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi. Have I read Furthermore? No, not yet (sadly, as it's said: so many books, so little time). But the idea of a girl who is fated to wash the bodies of the dead piqued my interest -it reminds of Arya from A Song of Ice and Fire and she is one of my favourite characters. Also, can we take a moment to appreciate the beauty of this cover? ­čĺô The book will be released on November 14th.


Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
"A new adventure about a girl who is fated to wash the bodies of the dead in this companion to Furthermore.

Our story begins on a frosty night…

Laylee can barely remember the happier times before her beloved mother died. Before her father, driven by grief, lost his wits (and his way). Before she was left as the sole remaining mordeshoor in the village of Whichwood, destined to spend her days washing the bodies of the dead and preparing their souls for the afterlife. It’s become easy to forget and easier still to ignore the way her hands are stiffening and turning silver, just like her hair, and her own ever-increasing loneliness and fear.

But soon, a pair of familiar strangers appears, and Laylee’s world is turned upside down as she rediscovers color, magic, and the healing power of friendship.
"
From Goodreads

22 comments

  1. That is a beautiful cover! And a series I should probably reacquaint myself with I think -- like you said, so many books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A day needs more than 24 hours for us to have time to read all the books we wish.

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oooh! This sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one around and the cover is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with the cover. *.* Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice cover and it sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the book is as interesting as it sounds. Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  5. This sounds so amazing and the the cover is gorgeous! Nice choice.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's CWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this author, and I adore this cover! Wonderful pick! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This cover is to die for. *.* Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous cover, and I haven't read the first one either! This author is new to me, but I also have her Shatter Me series on my TBR mountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read the first book of her Shatter Me series , but I hope you enjoy it a lot more than I did. I do want to finish the series (more now than ever since there a fourth book coming out next year), but maybe I need to read in another moment of my life.

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  8. This cover is indeed gorgeous, but I have to be honest and tell you that this is not my type of read at all. Too creepy for me! However, I do always try to comment back, so that's why I'm here. I do hope you enjoy this! : )

    Thanks for commenting on my "Can't Wait Wednesday" post!! <3 : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for passing by. Since this is a middle grade book, something tells me it isn't as creepy as it may seem.

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  9. That is a lovely cover. I hope you enjoy reading this.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I simply adore this cover. Thank you. Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  10. I haven't read the first one either, but I can say, the sequel's cover is just as amazing as the first one's! They've got some crazy talented artist there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm envious of this artist. This series covers are simply gorgeous! From the colours to the design everything is perfect. Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  11. Agreed, this cover is amazing. And I haven't read this series either, but I'm intrigued:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With so many books to read, it is impossible to read all the series. But I'm hoping I can read this one very soon because the summary is very intriguing. Happy readings! ;)

      Delete

© My Lovely Secret. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.