Pages

Sunday, 5 November 2017

Sunday Post. A Sincere Apologize


Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviews.
I would like to start by apologizing for not having replied to any of the comments I received or visiting your blogs. Remember me telling that my cat spilled milk all over my laptop? Well, my poor laptop didn't make it. It wouldn't charge. Because of writing my thesis (and the technician hasn't picked up the laptop yet to see what can be done) I had to buy a new one but I've only had it since last Thursday. So, I'll to try to catch up with everything I missed, but please be patient with me because I've spent a week without working on my thesis - which I can now reveal that is on Monsters of Verity by Victoria Schwab.

What happened in my life this week:

🌻 As mentioned above, I had to get a new laptop. I got a HP - I don't know how you feel about it, but it has always been my favourite brand (after Apple 😋).
🌻 My unlucky strike continued: I got sick! It was a really bad cold. 😷
🌻 But good news: I finished the second season of Blacklist! Such a great series. Do you watch it?
🌻 I also finished reading Chosen (sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations) and started reading The Night Realm - which I must finish until tomorrow and I still have 200 pages to go.
🌻 Oh, and this year I joined National Novel Writing Month. 🙈 I'm very nervous for sharing it with you guys. I don't know if I will be able to write 50 words. And, it has been really scary journey since my writing sucks. But I'm doing this!


LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG...
  • Yesterday, I shared the Halloween Book Bingo wrap-up. If you joined, why did it go? How many books did you read? Did you have fun?
It was a really slow week...

📚 MINI BOOK HAUL 📚



This week I didn't go bankrupt - well, I didn't go bankrupt book wise; after all I did have to get a new laptop. Thank you NetGalley for accepting my two requests, Flotsam by R.J. Theodore and The Fall of the Lostport by R.J. Vickers. These two really caught my attention -if you enjoy their synopsis too, there are still up for request. In a matter of fact, The Fall of the Lostport has already been released, so you may find it for Kindle.   

How was your week? Which books arrived at your bookshelf?

18 comments:

  1. I recently had to replace my laptop so I feel your pain. Good luck with NaNoWriMo! I did it once a couple of years back and it was a blast! However, November is a really tough month for me so I haven't been able to join in but I wish you all the luck!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brittany. I'm not sure how I've been having time to write (I'm still far behind the goal of 50k words since I can't write the amount of words they want per day), but I'm enjoying being part of NaNoWriMo. I'm finally writing down on paper this idea that I've in my head for a long time.

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  2. I just had to replace my laptop and I just started graduate school so I know how you feel! I hope everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Having to replace my computer at this time was very stressful. I know it was only a week, but I fear my thesis will "suffer" because of I spent a week without working on it.

      Happy readings! ;)

      Delete
  3. My condolences on the laptop. Once upon a time, I had a LOT of important things on my drive. Now, not so much, but still, starting from scratch is such a struggle. I like that you found a sliver lining in being sick. It's always nice to have some down time to recuperate and catch up on things. Good luck with Nano!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your laptop. I hope you get used to your new laptop!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, so sorry to hear about your laptop and your sick too! Hope you are feeling better now. I loved Blacklist, and can't wait for more seasons to be on Netflix. :) Hope you have a great ahead!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your computer, but I’m glad you got a new one. I have a 6 year old HP laptop that I use every day, and it’s still going strong. Have a great week and enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a HP laptop and I'm very satisfied with it. Watch that kitty! Hopefully no more spilled milk. :-) Fun that you got the books you requested from Netgalley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an HP laptop also, that is all I ever buy. Enjoy your books and good luck with writing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a week! Don't try to go back and catch up - just move forward from here. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no sorry about your laptop, I love the HP systems as well, have bought them for a while after testing the waters with others who have failed me lol. Sorry about your cold, how you are feeling better. Nice new additions to your books tho :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope this week is good for you.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, that's terrible about your computer. Glad you got a new one and hope it didn't put you too far behind on your thesis. Hope you are feeling better from your cold! Hope your week is off to a good start!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had pretty good luck with HP over the years, although I recently got a MacBook Air and am in love with that too. Good luck with National Novel Writing Month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry you had to replace the computer after all. I have both HP and Dell computers. Ohh - good luck with the NNWM. I am sure you can do it! I like the looks of your new arrivals. I want to read a couple of NetGalley titles before I request more.
    Hope this is a good week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear... that's really too bad about your laptop :/ is your thesis alright? I sure hope it's fine.
    And I'm sure you'll do well at NaNo :)

    ReplyDelete